UPCOMING INFO SESSIONS
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Time: 7:00-7:45 pm
Location: Luther Memorial School – 4464 Pearl Rd., Cleveland
Info Session Signup
Become a Mentor Leader
The Role of a Mentor Leader
The Mentor Leader is a follower of Jesus Christ who feels called to invest in the life of an at-risk child with the love of God. A Mentor Leader’s job is to journey alongside an Apprentice through life, serving as a spiritual coach, training him/her up in the ways of God.
The Commitment of a Mentor Leader
As a Mentor Leader, you are responsible for one Apprentice and you help to build your Apprentice’s team. We ask that you commit to at least one-year of service, during which you do the following:
- Connect with your Apprentice once-a-week – this is done on your own time, in the manner that works best for both you and your Apprentice. It can be as simple as a text or as involved as an in-person hang out.
- Attend Small Group with your Apprentice once-a-month – this monthly gathering includes a meal, a staff-led teaching and a focused time for you and your Apprentice to connect one-on-one. Mentor Leaders provide transportation for their Apprentice to and from these gatherings. Meeting times and locations vary by age group.
- Attend the Mentor Leader Workshop once-a-month – this monthly gathering is a time of fellowship, training and equipping for the entire team of Mentor Leaders. Workshops are held on the first Friday of each month from 6:30-8:30pm.
The Steps to Become a Mentor Leader
- Attend a JCLC Info Session to learn more and connect with JCLC staff
- Prayerfully consider whether you are able to commit to the Mentor Leader Role in this season of your life
- Complete an application and background check
- Meet with a JCLC staff member
- Attend JCLC 101 training for new Mentor Leaders
- Get paired with an Apprentice and begin the journey of discipleship!
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Tutor a child in need of academic and/or ESL support
- Participate in monthly Sports and Craft Nights
- Host a JCLC Info Session in your home or church to help us share the mission and vision of JCLC